Connection problems and the reasons they occur
Being new in the market always implies there will be some problems, as any product needs time to be tested and to improve. That testing and improvements comes from the first dedicated users of the product. ValeVPN appreciates every user who is walking this road with us, and working to get an amazing product running.
So, we’ve analyzed the connection problems our users faced and provide you with quick solutions.
Problem #1: Error: Cannot acquire TAP handle (WINDOWS)
This usually happens when you have another OpenVPN-based software installed and it doesn’t allow ValeVPN to install the needed TUN/TAP adapter.
- Uninstall the ValeVPN application. It is build version “0.0.0.27”.
- Reboot your computer, and install the application again.
- Ensure when you do the installation you accept “yes” to any popups during the installation.
Problem #2 Cannot get a secure connection to the servers or Error message: Can’t connect
Please ensure you have the latest version from the website!
You can download the latest version of the software here.
We suggest you download the Application again, install it and launch. That solves the problem 9 out of 10 times!
Problem #3 You’ve installed the app and registered an account, but when you log in you only see a ‘File’ option.
This means you don’t have access to secure servers and need an account upgrade! Make sure you have registered a free account on our site, and that your payment on Kickstarter was complete. If not, follow the next steps.
1) Head over to the site and register a “Free” account here.
2) Send us a private Direct Message (DM) here on Kickstarter with your registration email – and we’ll manually upgrade you right away!
You might be getting blocked by a firewall from your network/country or carrier.
If you have any other problems, please, address our Support Team. We try our best to solve the problems immediately.