How to disable IPv6 on macOS?
This guide will demonstrate how to manually disable IPv6 address support on your macOS device.
This method can help if you have connection issues or your IP or DNS are leaking with ValeVPN.
- Click the Apple logo and then System Preferences.
- On the preferences window, click Network.
- Select the first network connection you see listed on the left-hand side (usually Ethernet or Wi-Fi), then click the Advanced button.
- Go to the TCP/IP tab at the top. Besides Configure IPv6, set it to Off. If you do not have this option, select Link-local Only.
- Click OK to apply changes. If you switch to another network, like Wi-Fi, make sure to go through this process again.
Well done! You have successfully turned off IPv6 on your macOS device.
The ValeVPN philosophy is to be as minimally invasive on your system as possible. Because of this, we don’t escalate our access and do the IPv6 settings for you – this would require you to give us too much permission. We hope you understand and see the benefit here.